2.9 2.2 to 2.3 changes
220.127.116.11 Cross-document search and replace
Daisy can now perform a search and replace across a set of documents. This feature is accessible via Tools -> Search & replace, or from the document basket or fulltext search results. Regular expression searching and sensible casing (keeping the case of the original word) are supported.
18.104.22.168 Document editor
- New upload control based on Java-applet, allowing for an easy download-edit-upload cycle.
- The height of the editor is now automatically resized to fit your browser window. The "Change editor height" button has been removed.
- Administrators can now manually specify the ID and namespace of new documents. This can only be done for namespaces that are not managed by the repository. When the Administrator role is active, this feature is accessible by clicking the "new@branch:language" in the top-right corner of the document editor.
- Ordered lists can now specify a numbering-style. These are the available styles:
- numeric: 1., 2., 3., ...
- lower-latin: a., b., c., ...
- upper-latin: A., B., C., ...
- lower-roman: i., ii., iii., ...
- upper-roman, I., II., III., ...
- Conditional namespaces. Place new documents in a namespace based on a Daisy query expression.
- Managed/unmanaged namespaces. Administrators can set namespaces as managed or unmanaged and also create new namespaces.
- Administrators can specify document ids for new documents on the condition that the namespace is an unmanaged one.
22.214.171.124 Document browser
Lots of improvements to document browser, featuring a configurable user interface, faceted searching, multiple-document selection, predefined queries and more!
The previous book rendering engine (IBEX) has been replaced with FOP.
FOP has been upgraded from 0.94 to 0.95beta. This change also affects single-document PDFs.
From now on you can also specify a FOP configuration file for the book PDF rendering (-Ddaisy.books.makepdf=<file>).
- Added a recurrence property to timers allowing the timers to be triggered at set intervals
- In the workflow meta data file the display attribute on a variable of type 'actor' allows for displaying only the user selection, only the pool selection or both.
- Use your own email templates for workflow notifications with the TaskMailerAction.
- Edit document parts and fields immediately in the workflow screens.
126.96.36.199 Inline editing
The document editor does not always give a good feeling as to what the end
result will look like (as the location where parts and fields are rendered
depends on the document styling). Inline editing can be enabled by introducing
specific xml tags and attributes in the document-styling stylesheet. This can
give users a better wysiwyg experience. (
You can now
- Full-text search screen improvements (see
- Allow fine-grained selection collections to search in (not just 'current site' or 'all collections')
- Allow fine-grained selection of documentTypes and particular parts (not
enabled by default, see
- Allow daisy instance administrators to configure search screen (add or
remove search criteria widgets, again see
- Fix overly zealous image caching when generating PDFs. See our issue tracker for more info.
188.8.131.52 Ldap authentication
- You are now required to provide a searchBase and a filter for your ldap configuration. E.g.
184.108.40.206 Access Control
- removed the special privileges of document owners. Previously someone who was owner of the document (by default its creator) automatically got read, write and delete permissions. Now you can configure these permissions explicitly in the ACL (which is done for you by the database upgrade script).
- write access details: similar to the read access details which are already available, Daisy now also has write access details that allow to control via the ACL which document properties someone can update.
- since we need to know what properties are editable before constructing a document editor, the write access details are taken from the result of evaluating the ACL on the currently stored document content.
- in case of new documents, there is no previously stored content, therefore a special "conceptual document" is used, which is empty except for document type, branch and language, and for which dedicated ACL rules can be specified by testing on the identifier called "conceptual". The database upgrade script will automatically add a rule for this, so that everything is backwards compatible.
- document type filtering for new document creation is now branch and language specific, and takes into account the write permissions for the above-mentioned conceptual document.
Added support for SSL and authentication when sending messages over SMTP. In the myconfig.xml, in the <configuration> below the element <target path="/daisy/emailer/emailer">, add either or both of the following:
<useSSL>true</useSSL> <authentication username="..." password="..."/>